OCTOBER 2018 TRIPS:
1) Tuesday, October 2, 8:45am; (LOCAL TRIP) Bartow-Pell Mansion
2) Tuesday, October 9, 9:00am: (LOCAL TRIP) Bronx Botanical Gardens,
3) Tuesday, October 16th, 8:45am: (LOCAL TRIP) Museum of the City of New York
4) Tuesday, October 23rd, 8:45am: (LOCAL TRIP) Chuang Yen Monastery.
5) Tuesday, October 30th, 8:45am: (EXTENDED TRIP), Walkway Over the Hudson
The Village of Scarsdale in cooperation with the Scarsdale Police Department, has instituted a program for seniors or disabled residents who live alone. This program is called “Are You O.K.” or RUOK. There will be a daily scheduled call at a specific time convenient to the subscriber. If you are okay, you need only pick up the phone and then hang it up. The computer will register that you have answered. If you have not picked up the phone, the computer will twice automatically program the call for 15 minutes later. If no one has picked up by the third call, the police will go to the house to make sure that you are all right. This should give those who live alone and their families, a feeling of security.
If you are interested in having this service, please call the Recreation Department at 722-1160, or Terry Ellis at the Police Department at 722-1200 and give you name, address and telephone number and someone will be in touch with you. There is no charge for this service.
Metro Card: Applications for reduced-fare available by calling 1/800-Metrocard or www.mta.info