Furniture Donation Bin at Recycling Center
As part of our continuing commitment to divert waste from incineration, as well as to help economically disadvantaged persons and families, the Village of Scarsdale will now accept donations of small household items and used furniture in good condition at the Recycling Center, 110 Secor Road, subject to the limitations described below.
Donated furniture and household items will be picked-up and distributed by a Westchester County non-profit that provides furniture to those in-need throughout the County.
Please note there are limitations to what can be accepted as part of this program; furniture must be in good condition (something you would be willing to give to a family member) and within certain size limits, as most recipients of the furniture live in apartments.
Furniture must be brought to the Recycling Center during normal business hours: Monday to Saturday, 8am – 3pm. Donation receipts are available upon request.
- Kitchen and Dining Room Tables (legs must be removeable, no glass-topped tables)
- Kitchen and Dining Room Chairs
- Mattresses & Box Springs (excellent condition, no stains, queen-sized or smaller)
- Metal bed frames (queen-sized or smaller)
- Dressers (60" or less)
- Night Stands
- Coffee and Lamp Tables
- Lamps (with a plug, no hard-wired fixtures)
- Small electric appliances (in working order)
- Mirrors (4' square or smaller)
- Clean, vacuumed area rugs (8' x 10' or smaller)
- TVs (27" or smaller in working order)
- TV Stands (no tall entertainment units)
Note: Please remember items must be able to fit in an apartment and usually must be carried up stairs and through narrow hallways.
Items NOT Accepted:
- No item over 5’ tall or 6’ wide or very heavy items (e.g. large furniture, pianos)
- Large bed items (king-sized beds or bedding, headboard and footboards, platform or captain’s beds, water beds, hospital or electric beds)
- Glass-topped dining room tables
- Sleeper sofas
- Cribs, car seats, strollers or baby equipment
- Office furniture
- Outdoor or wicker furniture
- Large appliances and air conditioners
- Medical equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Window treatments
- Dishes, linens, pots & pans, bric-a-brac
If you have an item in good condition that is not accepted through our program, please research other alternatives for making it available to persons in-need as opposed to discarding it.