- Departments & Services
- Village Clerk
Please take a moment to watch our Departmental video vignette featuring former Village Clerk, Donna Conkling.
The Clerk’s office has served as the official ‘Keeper of the Records’ for the Town of Scarsdale since 1701, and the Village of Scarsdale since the Village's incorporation date of 1915. The Clerk is responsible for maintaining all Town and Village Board records, and attending and taking minutes of the Village and Town Board meetings. The Clerk publishes notices of Public Hearings, and files all Local Laws with the New York State Department of State. Records of all Village and Town ordinances, contracts, and agreements are among some of the many documents filed in the Clerk’s office. As Registrar of Vital Statistics, the Clerk is responsible for issuing and maintaining records for births and deaths that occur in the Village of Scarsdale.
The Clerk conducts an annual Village Election in March and as Town Clerk works in conjunction with the Westchester County Board of Elections to administer and oversee all Special, Primary and General Elections.
As a licensing agent for New York State, the Clerk’s office is responsible for issuing Marriage Licenses and Disability Parking Permits, among others. This office also provides the residents of Scarsdale and the community with a variety of different local licenses, permits, and certificates including Commuter & Merchant Parking Permits, Taxi Driver and Taxi Cab Licenses, Dog Licenses, and Peddler & Vendor Permits.
- I just moved to Scarsdale. Does my dog need a license?
Yes, if it is 4 months of age or older. New York State requires all dogs older than four months to be licensed within the municipality where the dog is "harbored." Proof of neutering or spaying is required, along with the appropriate fee. Also, proof of rabies vaccination is required each year when renewal is due.
- How do I get a parking permit for the parking facilities at the commuter train station?
For information on getting a parking permit for the parking facilities at the commuter train station, please visit the
- I intend to get married in New York State. What do I need to get a marriage license in Scarsdale?
Please visit the Village Clerk's page to view what is
- Village-Wide Fees & Charges Schedule FY 2022-2023 (PDF)
- 2022-23 Permit Terms & Conditions (PDF)
- 2022-23 Village Residents & Merchants Permit Application (PDF)
- 2022-23 Non-Resident Permit Application (PDF)
- Online Boards, Commissions, and Councils Application
- Dog Licensing Registration Form (PDF)
- Dog Brochure (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) - Record Request Online Form
- Election District Map (PDF)
- Peddlers Permit Application (PDF)