Please note: Yard access is for residents only.
Please disposal of dog waste properly! Yard waste and dog waste don’t mix. Importantly, yard waste, such as lawn clippings, leaves, and branches, are often recycled into mulch or other yard and garden materials. Dog waste can pollute the mulch and our waterways, and poses a health risk for pets and people when not properly disposed of.
To dispose of pet waste properly, please secure it in plastic bag and deposit it in your trash receptacle. When walking your dog, be sure to clean up any waste, take it home, and dispose of it in your trash – please do not deposit it in someone else’s trash or yard waste.Residential Sanitation Collection by Street
(use this link to find your collection days)
Scarsdale Recycling Guide
(quick access to info to help you Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle)
Items Collected & Accepted
Items that are collected and accepted by the Sanitation Department include:
- Municipal Waste/Garbage
- Commingled Recycling (cans, bottles, cartons, and plastics)
- Also see links for Book Recycling, Cooking Oil, Cork Recycling, Electronic Waste, Food Scraps, Plastic Bags and Film, and Textiles below
- Book Recycling
- Bulky Trash
- Cooking Oil Recycling
- Cork Recycling
- Electronic Waste
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Plastic Bag and Plastic Film Recycling
- Textile Recycling
- Yard Waste
No material shall be placed at the curb for collection prior to the day preceding the scheduled collection except yard waste.
The Sanitation Division of the Department of Public Works shall not pick up from any one dwelling unit during any collection more than:
- Three 30-gallon containers.
- Four bundles of branches.
Not Accepted at the Curb
The Sanitation Division shall not collect from the curb, but will accept the following material at the Recycling Center for a fee:
- Cathode ray tubes (e.g. television and computer monitors)
- Household rechargeable batteries
- Non-flammable water based paint that is dried
- Tree stumps
- Tree trunks
- Most other household electrical items considered a bulky metal (large metal fixtures and appliances) that cannot be collected by a Village refuse vehicle
The Sanitation Division shall not collect from the curb nor accept at the Recycling Center the following materials:
- Any hazardous waste
- Any vehicle tires and other rubber based products
- Cans or barrels containing combustible, corrosive or flammable liquids or chemicals
- Construction and demolition material of any kind
- Medical waste
- Motor oil
- Oil drums
- Paint thinners
- Pesticides nor herbicides
- Vehicle batteries
Normal collection procedures may be changed if they conflict with scheduled holidays. Such changes will be published in the official newspaper of the Village, currently the Scarsdale Inquirer and the public access channels.
Contact the Sanitation Department at 914-722-1294 7:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with questions regarding proper disposal and collection procedures.
Please also note: The Village of Scarsdale strives to ensure access to its programs, including Sanitation, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Any resident requiring an ADA accommodation should contact the Department of Public Works at 914-722-1150, or Sanitation at 914-722-1294.