Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Westchester County Household Material Recovery Facility (H-MRF) is a facility that accepts special waste (including household hazardous waste) from Westchester residents year round.
Properly labeled household chemicals, including:
• Most automotive fluids – antifreeze, brake fluid, gasoline (not motor oil)
• Metal, jewelry and furniture polish
• Pesticides, insecticides, herbicides
• Photo and swimming pool chemicals
• Kerosene and other flammable liquids
• Wood preservatives and stains
Other items including:
• Car tires (up to four per household)*
• Confidential documents for shredding (up to 4 file boxes per visit)*
• Propane and helium tanks*
• Mercury thermometers, thermostats
• Electronic waste (e.g., computers and peripherals, tv’s, cell phones, etc.)*
• Fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs and tube-shaped fluorescent bulbs)*
• Freon-containing appliances (e.g., air conditioners, refrigerators and dehumidifiers)*
• Batteries – auto, rechargeable & button cell (Alkaline and carbon-zinc batteries can be safely discarded with the household trash.)*
• Fire Extinguishers
*Alternate disposal options are available. Call the Recycling HelpLine: (914) 813-5425
To schedule a drop-off appointment at the H-MRF, you can either call the county's Recycling Help Line at 914-813-5425 or use the H-MRF online reservation feature.