Committee for Historic Preservation
Application Forms and Requirements
- Committee for Historic Preservation Instructions:
- Bring completed application, including the original architect and year built
- Photos of each side of the house
- Tax map with property address highlighted
- Letter from homeowner giving permission for Contract Vendee to file the application as well as present it to the CHP Board.
- Application Fee of $300, payable to the Village of Scarsdale
- Submission deadline is the week of the 15th, the month prior
- CHP Application Form https://www.scarsdale.com/DocumentCenter/View/186/Committee-for-Historic-Preservation-Demolition-Application-PDF/DocumentCenter/View/7179
- Once the CHP Board has approved the application for Demo, the requirements in the link below must then be met prior to the issuance of the Demo permit.
- Demolition Permit Requirements https://www.scarsdale.com/DocumentCenter/View/7179/Demolition-Permit-Requirements-PDF
Effective June 1, 2021 - the CHP Application fee is $300.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available ten days prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Members of the Committee for Historic Preservation are appointed to serve 3-year terms for a maximum of 2 terms. The Chair of the Committee for Historic Preservation is appointed to a 1-year term. The current Membership List is available online.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Committee for Historic Preservation, with advice from the Building Inspector, reviews each application filed with the Building Department for a permit to demolish, all or any substantial part of any building in the Village, and decides whether the building in question appears to be one of significant historical importance. Based on their determination, they may advise the Building Inspector as to whether or not it is required that the home owner make an application to the Committee for Historic Preservation (CHP) for a Certificate of Appropriateness to determine if a demolition permit application should be granted. The Committee for Historic Preservation may also advise as to whether any conditions should be imposed if a certificate of appropriateness and demolition permit are to be granted.
- June 30, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- September 29, 2020
- October 20, 2020
- November 17, 2020
- December 15, 2020
- January 19, 2021
- February 23, 2021
- March 23, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- November 30, 2021
- December 14, 2021
- January 18, 2022
- February 15, 2022 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>