Daily Parking and Meter Information
Detailed here is information pertaining to meter information and daily parking for those without a parking permit.
Metered Parking Information
- Meters cost $1 per hour, unless in a zone otherwise marked below.
- Parking Meters are located in the Village of Scarsdale Downtown Business District. There are no parking meters located at the Heathcote Five Corners Business District.
- Meters enforcement runs from 6 AM to 6 PM, except on Sundays and designated Holidays, as listed below.
- Permit holders are advised that having a permit does not guarantee a parking space.
- Parking is free in all locations from 6 PM through 11 PM
- Parking is prohibited from 11 PM through 6 AM
- Parking past the allotted maximum in one spot, even if one feeds more quarters into the meter, is ticketable. Moving to another spot and feeding the meter is acceptable.
Pango Parking App
Once drivers download this free app, they can use it to pay for parking via credit card or ApplePay. How does the traffic officer know not to ticket you? When you pay through Pango, your license plate number is registered in the Pango secure database and reflects that you have paid for the designated amount of time in that spot. When the parking enforcement official enters your license plate number, they see your parking status. Once past the maximum allotted time, even if you move to another spot, if you remain within the same parking zone, Pango will not allow you to pay again. However, if quarters are used at a new metered spot, that is legal.
How to Find Long-term Daily Parking
- 12-hour parking is available on Scarsdale Avenue and Depot Place meters starting at 11 AM for Meter Permit non-permit holders, Monday through Saturday. Those with Parking-Meter Permits may park in these spots starting at 6 AM.
- ProPark offers valet parking starting at 5 AM, Monday through Friday. Click here for more details
Non-Permit Parking Lot and Garage Locations
Christie Place Garage: Ground Level
The ground level of the Christie Place Garage offers 4-hour parking spots to non-permit holders via a multi-space meter.
Freightway: ProPark Valet Parking Lot
The Valet lot is located directly next to the Freightway Garage and is privately operated by ProPark, a premier Parking Management Company. The Valet operates from 5 AM-9 PM, Monday – Friday, and offers both a Monthly permit option and daily parking**. Village of Scarsdale residents are provided preference for permits at this lot (if you're a Village resident and have difficulty obtaining a permit please contact the Village Manager's Office 722-1110). Non-Residents may be placed on a waitlist.
- Maximum monthly permit prices are set as follows (tax not included):
- January 01, 2023 – December 31, 2023: $165 regular / $190 oversized vehicles
- Hourly Transient Parking*:
- January 01, 2023 – December 31, 2023:
$3.00/hr regular vehicles / $4.50/hr oversized vehicles
(Not to exceed $18.00/day for regular vehicles or $22.00/day for oversized vehicles)
- January 01, 2023 – December 31, 2023:
- *Ask about Business-Validated Hourly Parking!
- “Flex Pass Debit Option” for parking customers that are (i) commuting under a flexible or part-time schedule to NYC or (ii) not Business Validated:
- A book of five (5) parking passes: $60.00 regular vehicles / $70.00 oversized vehicles
- Book of ten (10) parking passes: $100 regular vehicles / $120.00 oversized vehicles
For more information please contact ProPark directly at (914)-501-6015.
Meter Lot Permit Locations
The Meter Permit is intended for use by Village Residents that do not commute on a regular basis. This option provides permit holders early access to park, Monday - Friday, starting at 6 AM in both the Scarsdale Avenue Lot and in identified spaces located on Depot Place. Meter Permit holders are still required to pay applicable meter rates. These spaces are open for non-permit holders after 11 AM Monday – Friday, as well as all day on Saturday. The meter fees must be paid 6 AM through 6 PM, Monday – Saturday (excluding holidays). The Scarsdale Avenue Lot has approximately 77 parking spaces and payment can be made via Cash, Credit/Debit, and Coin at a Multi-Space-Meter. Parking on Depot Place is limited to approximately 10 parking spaces and users must pay with quarters.
"Meter Permits" are not prorated. Meter fees are $1/hour for the first 4 hours, and $.75 for each hour thereafter (i.e. 4 hours= $4, 8 hours = $7, 12 hours = $10).