Popham Road Firehouse
The Popham Road Firehouse, also known as Station 1, was originally constructed in 1923. A ribbon cutting was held this morning at 8:30 am to mark completion of an extensive renovation that targeted critical structural deficiencies and modernization of key elements of the structure's design that had become obsolete over time. Among others, Mayor Marc Samwick and Volunteer Company 1 President, Oliver Goldstein, delivered public comments to mark the occasion. The Popham Road Firehouse is now a 21st century asset.