What should I do in case of a sewage backup?
During normal working hours (7am to 5pm Monday through Friday except holidays) call the Village Department of Public Works at 722-1150 or 722-1285. At all other times call the Police Department at 722-1200. The Police Department will contact the Public Works emergency response crews to inspect the Village main line sewer. It is important that the main line be checked first to make certain that it is not blocked. It is also important that you do not remove the sewer clean out cover in your home until you are certain that the main line sewer (usually in the street) is running freely. Please be sure not to throw anything other than toilet paper in the toilet. Tissue, rags, baby wipes, and other disposable will clog the line.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Village policy with regard to shade tree maintenance?
2. What should I do in case of a sewage backup?
3. Can I remove trees on my private property?
4. Who repairs curb stones?
5. How do I know where my property begins?